The most important event for the island in the early Middle Ages was the establishment and construction of the Benedictine monastery of St. Michael (later St. Nicholas) which was built and donated to the Abbey of Monte Cassino by the Croatian king Krešimir in the second half of the 11th century (1070).
In 1906, in order to facilitate communication between the settlements, the stairs were constructed.
Church of St. Nicholas in today's form was built in 1770 by the first Susak pastor Jerolim Simčić, but its origin is much older and goes back to the Middle Ages as evidenced by stone lunette with the relief of the cross, which is built as spolia into the church facade.
The first Susak cemetery was located near the parish church of St. Nicholas (Cimatorij), but due to the rapid development of the settlement, around 1818 a new cemetery was constructed (today’s cemetery at Merine).
Building of a Communal house, which was the main gathering place and centre of social life for residents of Susak, was built in 1952 and after ten years it remained virtually empty because of mass emigration to the United States. The Emigrants club was opened in 1988 in the same building besides post office and ambulance.
The lighthouse was built on the highest point of the island of Susak, the top Garba (98 m), in the area where the hillfort stood in prehistoric times.
The existence of an Antique architecture was recorded at the site Puntini. Of the first immigrants testify a tombstone inscription by Sextus Julius Niger, discovered in the 18th century as spolia built into the walls of some plain Susak house, but today this monument is lost.