Chapel of Our Lady of Annunciation on Art
Considering that the residents of Susak very often could not perform their vows to the Virgin Mary in the votive chapel of Our Lady of Annunciation in Čikat due to bad weather, during the 30's of the 20th century they constructed the votive chapel of the same name on a position from which the Lošinj Annunziata is best seen, on the Art site.
The most important event for the island in the early Middle Ages was the establishment and construction of the Benedictine monastery of St. Michael (later St. Nicholas) which was built and donated to the Abbey of Monte Cassino by the Croatian king Krešimir in the second half of the 11th century (1070).
Building of a Communal house, which was the main gathering place and centre of social life for residents of Susak, was built in 1952 and after ten years it remained virtually empty because of mass emigration to the United States. The Emigrants club was opened in 1988 in the same building besides post office and ambulance.
The first Susak cemetery was located near the parish church of St. Nicholas (Cimatorij), but due to the rapid development of the settlement, around 1818 a new cemetery was constructed (today’s cemetery at Merine).
In 1906, in order to facilitate communication between the settlements, the stairs were constructed.